The FACSCalibur analyses cells or particles at a rate of up to 2000 events per second, a high throughput sampler (HTS) allows for automated sampling from 96 or 384 well plates.
Analyses include immunophenotyping, viability, DNA content, cell cycle, plant ploidy, DNA/RNA ratios, apoptosis measurements, cytokine expression, intracellular calcium, oxidative burst, intracellular pH, phagocytic activity, mitochondrial membrane potential and bead array assays.
Flow cytometry analysis generates bivariate dot-plots and histograms which can be used to calculate population statistics and changes in mean-fluorescence intensity within the sample.
- Immunophenotyping, protein or cytokine expression measurements
- DNA cell cycle and ploidy measurements
- Cell viability and apoptosis analysis
- Enzyme measurements. For example, reactive oxygen species (ROS), calcium flux, intracellular pH, mitochondrial membrane potential or phagocytic activity
- Cytometric bead array (CBA) or flex arrays
- Marine, river or lake water phytoplankton population analysis
- 488nm and 635nm excitation lasers
- Four fluorescence parameters
- Acquisition rate up to 2000 events per second
- The QEII instrument has a high throughput sampler (HTS) allowing sampling from 96 and 384 well plates