A high-resolution, high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)/time-of-flight mass spectrometer which allows the analysis of complex mixtures as each component elutes from the HPLC column.
High-resolution MS results in the measurement of the accurate mass of ions formed to three decimal places. The results can be used to assign empirical formula to each ion assisting in its identification. A very sensitive instrument.
- Electrospray ionisation (ESI)
- Atmospheric pressure chemical ionisation (APCI)
- Accurate mass determination
- Empirical formula determination
- Facility to inject pure compounds direcvtly to an ionisation probe
- Diode array detector
- Simple MS/MS capability
- Room 2.29, Bayliss Building, Perth campus