- How can CMCA help me?
CMCA staff can advise and support research at multiple levels from initial project planning through to publication.
- How do I find out what techniques might be useful for my research project?
If you are unsure what instruments/techniques could be useful to you, contact your relevant Applications Group leader.
Also, Microscopy Australia provides an online tool for searching techniques.
- How do I include CMCA fees in a grant application?
Instructions on how to prepare a grant budget with CMCA costs are available for download.
- I'm looking to learn about microscopy; can CMCA help?
Microscopy Australia provide online learning tools (MyScope) for several platforms and the UWA Library has a range of books and resources.
- I'm interested in doing a MSc/PhD in CMCA; who do I contact?
If you know the person you would like to do a research project with, contact them directly.
If you are not sure who might be a suitable research supervisor, contact the CMCA Graduate Research Co-ordinator, Professor Martin Saunders.
- How do I gain access to CMCA facilities?
To use any facilities you must first register as a CMCA user. Access options and costs vary depending upon your status and requirements.
- How much does it cost to use CMCA equipment?
Access costs vary depending upon your status and requirements.
- I am not a UWA student or staff member; can I still use CMCA equipment?
CMCA is accessible to everyone. Access options and rates vary depending upon your status.
- How can I submit my signed registration?
Just scan your completed, signed form and email to Dana Crisan at [email protected].
- Can I transfer my subscription?
No. Subscriptions are not transferable. However, from 2015 research group subscriptions allowing access for multiple individuals from within a research group to register under one subscription are available.
- I only need a month's work; do I still need to pay for the full year?
Flexible access options are available including hourly rates, plus annual and research group subscriptions.
- My registration is about to expire, how do I extend it?
Re-register through our online system and submit the new signed form to the CMCA office.
- My swipe access doesn't work! What should I do?
Your CMCA registration has expired. Re-register through our online system and submit the new signed form to the CMCA office.
- What instruments does CMCA have?
All of CMCA's facilities and instruments, including their capabilities and the Technique Group Leader responsible for that area, are listed under 'Facilities'.
- How do I know what techniques will be useful for my research project?
If you are not sure what instruments/techniques might be useful to you, contact your relevant Applications Group leader.
- How do I enrol for a training course?
You must be a registered CMCA user. Once registered, users are enrolled in the appropriate course(s) by staff at the new user meeting.
If you are already a user and wish to take a new course, contact the relevant Technique Group leader.
- When are the training courses?
Training courses are typically held three times a year. Advanced workshops are run on demand. Some training is conducted on an individual basis.
- There are no formal training courses for the instrument(s) I wish to use; how do I arrange training?
You must be a registered CMCA user. Once registered, appropriate training will be scheduled by staff at the new user meeting.
If you are already a user and wish to use a new instrument, contact the relevant Technique Group leader.
- How do I book an instrument?
Once you have been trained and certified you can book instrument(s) through our online booking system. Limits and other rules may apply.
- I want after hours access to CMCA; what do I need to do?
Complete the after-hours request form and submit the signed document to the CMCA office.
- I'm not a UWA staff member or student; how do I get a swipe card to access and use instruments at CMCA at UWA?
To access the UWA campus sites, non-UWA users must obtain a UWA visitor card. The application form must be downloaded, completed, and the signed form submitted to the CMCA office.
- How do I get a swipe card to access and use instruments at CMCA@ Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research?
All users (including UWA staff and students) accessing CMCA@ Perkins must apply for swipe card access specific to the HPI building.
- I need to cancel my session. What do I do?
If the booking is more than 24 hours away, log in to the booking system and delete your session. Remember to hit save. If there is less than 24 hours until your booking, contact the CMCA office.
- I need help understanding/interpreting/improving my data.
Contact the relevant Platform leader.
- I want someone to do some imaging/analysis for me; is this possible?
Limited services may be available. Contact the Microscopy and Analysis Facility Director Associate Professor Martin Saunders.
- My business is interested in getting some imaging/analysis done at CMCA; what do we need to do?
A range of consulting/industry services are available. Contact the CMCA Operations Manager Dr Peter King.
- I'm preparing my data collected at CMCA for publication; what should I include?
Publication guides are available across several platforms and suggested acknowledgment wording is available for the different facilities.
Publication guides (coming soon)
- Do I need to acknowledge CMCA and its staff in a publication?
CMCA and any staff that have assisted you must be formally acknowledged in any publications resulting from CMCA use. Suggested acknowledgment wording is available for the different facilities.
- Still can't find what you're looking for?
Contact CMCA administration on +61 8 6488 2770 or email [email protected] for all other enquiries.